Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mountain biking!


Yesterday I wanted to get a nice ride in before the weather was expected to change into rain, so that's what I did. I rode the Little Cottonwood Canyon trail two times. Yes, that's right, two times. Many of you know the trail already, but it is about 3.5 miles uphill and then you turn around and rip downhill. It was so much fun the first time, that I had to do it again the second time. I felt great and it was so nice to be out yesterday. I enjoyed spending the time in the mountains. The creek is raging, the trees are green and full of leaves, and the trail was dried out all the way to the top.

There were quite a few other riders, runners, and hikers out on the trail. Even though that was the case, I felt the pleasant solitude that comes from being in the mountains. Recently, I got a free Ipod for test driving a new car that I was considering buying. The car did not work out, but the Ipod was sure nice to have along for company.

Many more days and nights will be spent riding my bike. Great fun and a wonderful way to keep fit. Ride on my friends and keep the pedals turning!

No comments: