Friday, June 27, 2008

Man, that was a Hitch!






Have you ever needed an extra set of hands to help with a project when nobody was around? Well, tonight turned into one of those manly nights whereby I improvised and made good with what I had; my two hands!
I put a hitch on my car (yeah I know sound redneck but I don't care) so I can use my hitch rack to transport my motorbike. So, the instructions say it will only take 30 minutes. Well, perhaps it would take only 30 minutes if you had the second set of hands to help. For me, it took an hour and a half to complete this little project. Regardless of the time, I feel like it was a success and I'm happy to have that project completed.
I did it all by myself and the entire time I thought how grateful I am that I don't have to work on cars for a living. Don't get me wrong, for those that enjoy it I respect them, but for me I would not want to do that every day. I couldn't help but think of my friend Devin who is a very talented mechanic while wondering how long this silly little project would have taken him; Thirty minutes? Yeah, I'm sure he would have completed it within 30 minutes or less.
It wasn't so much that it was difficult, it was just that I could have used a second pair of hands while putting the hitch in place, reaching for tools, lowering the exhaust, and torque the bolts to the right lb/ft. However, I'm glad that it is a project that I can cross off the list.
Now I just hope that I can get out and ride my motorbike!

2 comments:

The Faller's! said...

Dude, that ride looks nuts!! I bet the down hill was badicle radicle!

Kody and Malinda said...

What an awesome picture of you skiing in that first shot! I loved your blog! malinda