Tuesday, June 28, 2011

MS 150 Harmons Best Dam Bike Ride

On May 25, 2011 thousands of cyclist were in Logan, Utah for the MS 150 Harmons Best Dam Bike Ride. The event is a fund raising effort for Multiple Sclerosis. I was one of the lucky participants and had a great time.

I proposed the idea to my employer to sponsor interested employees enabling participation in the charitable event. They graciously agreed to do so, and contributed the necessary fund raising requirements for several of us to participate.

The event was fantastic. It was a beautiful day in Cache Valley. The route is mostly flat, and the surrounding views were fantastic. I planned on riding 100 miles, but the week of the event I became sick with what seemed to be the 24 hour flu. Obviously, I was concerned that I may not be able to complete the full 100 miles. However, I was able to accomplish the goal of 100 miles.

Yes, it was my first century ride. To some, this may not seem that big of a deal (and I suppose it's not), but I was happy that I accomplished my personal goal. More endurance rides await!

The data from the Garmin Edge 800 cycling computer is below. I hope that I will be able to participate in this same event in the future. It was completely enjoyable, and a great cause as well. For more information regarding the event, please visit the link at the bottom of the page.


http://bikeutu.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_UTU_homepage

No comments: