Sunday, May 15, 2011

Winter 2010/2011

My Snowbird Season Pass was a great purchase this past summer. I had a great winter season, enjoyed some great friendships, made some new friends, and skied a fair amount as a "Full Time Employee" of one of many public companies in our struggling economy.
The winter re-affirmed that I don't necessarily love having to work, but that with some creative time management I can get a few extra days on the hill.
Yes, Snowbird is still open on the weekends through the end of May and possibly into June with the record snowfall totals, but I think I'm focused on riding my bikes instead of skiing. Who knows, maybe I'll get another day or two of skiing before the year is done.
Winter 2010/2011 totals maintained by Suunto Wrist Top Computer:
Days: 66 (21 powder days; 4 days on the Snowboard)
Runs: 616
Vertical Fee: 911,100
Backcountry Tours: 3
Ten things I appreciate from this past winter:
1. Get up early and beat the traffic on a powder day.
2. Have patience on a busy powder day while the canyon is closed and traffic is at a standstill.
3. Manage your fear and use it to your advantage creating greater focus and confidence.
4. Be creative and ski lines that do not immediately look interesting.
5. Have courage, and speak to the local attractive females at EVERY opportunity.
6. Have MORE courage if those females in #5 are rippers.
7. Straight line to get out of a tough line.
8. Know when to say, "Ten More".
9. Rocker skis are awesome for the Wasatch Front.
10. Snowbird is a big place with plenty of future opportunity to explore more skiable acres.
This past winter was great. I had a fantastic time and hope that my knees will hold up for several more years to come. I do not know what I will do if I can't ski; I love it way to much! Thanks to all who made this season a great one!

No comments: