Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bike Trip & Zion NP (Spring 2010) plan

I will be venturing out on a solo mission as a weekend warrior to gain some introspection this spring. I've done many solo trips, and I always come back with a clear focus and renewed determination.

I'm putting together tentative plans for a mountain bike, and hiking trip in the Zion NP area of Southern Utah.

Bike Ride 1:

Bike Ride 2:



Bike Ride 3:


The plan is to ride in the morning and early evenings. I'll ride these trails a few times while I'm in the area. During the day, I'll do the scenic hikes in Zion NP and visit all the 'must see' sights that are easy to access from the road. I've never been to Zion NP, but from what I hear it is quite the place. I'll post pictures to prove the areas I visit.

Following this trip (since the main focus is to bike), I'll be coming back a couple weeks later and backpacking the West Rim in Zion NP. It will be a weekend trip, involving a commercial shuttle unless I'm lucky enough to hitch-hike a ride (or have a friend in the area to give me a lift to the trailhead).

I will post photographs along the way in Blogs to come.

This is only the beginning of the adventures that await me this summer. Others will include more biking, peak-bagging, backpacking, and whatever else I decide to do. This summer will be making up for lost time, and attaining adventure goals I've had for a couple of years. Should be fun!

No comments: