Friday, September 26, 2008

Series 4: Registered Options Principal Examination

For the past couple of months, I have been studying and preparing for another securities exam. Yesterday, I passed the Series 4 exam and added another professional license to my name. The nice thing with this license, is that my boss doesn't have it. I do not intend to celebrate his failure, that's not my style, but he did not pass the test and has never retaken the exam. It's a nice feeling to have it over with while taking it just once.

The Series 4 exam is for managers supervising options sales personnel or supervising compliance. You must have a Series 7 license before taking the Series 4 exam.

Series 4 Test and Course Information

Test topics include:

Option Strategies
Equity Options
Debt Options
Index Options
Foreign Currencies
Customer Accounts and Orders
Supervision and Compliance
Employee Supervision
Business Conduct
Record keeping & Reporting Requirements

I am happy to have this one completed, and it proves to be a very valuable license.

Sometimes, achievements come with great work and sacrifice.......but the reward it worth it.

3 comments:

The Hytes said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a pain in the butt to me! I'm sure it's nice to have over and completed with success. Way to go!

Kaydee said...

Good job tim!!! Sounds like the hard work paid off congrats!!!!

The Hytes said...

Dude, where did you go?